Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Ultimate Blog Challenge Is Harder Than I Thought

   Maybe, for those people who don't lead boring, dull lives, the Ultimate Blog Challenge is easy, but it's not for me. Nothing ever happens up here, except for weird weather and animals passing through.
   As for the weird weather, yes, it's snowing again. We really do have 6 months of winter, even if technically, it is spring.
   I have been going through my canning supplies this week to see what I have and what I need. I thought I had plenty of jars, but I guess I need a lot more.
   I found a 16 quart pressure canner at Walmart for $65.00 I will probably be buying this month. I debated about getting a bigger one, but decided this size will due, because I have to be able to pick it up and move it with jars in it while it's hot. I'm a weakling in my old age.Walmart also had the rack for the bottom of my water bath canner. I have one, but the jars tip because the bottom doesn't have much jar support on it. The new one has more rings on the bottom, so I shouldn't have the tipping problem.
   I think this year, I will use 1/2 pint jars for canning the veggies, since there are only 2 of us here to eat. Pints are a little too big for somethings for just the 2 of us.
   I still haven't finished all the crocheting for Myrna yet. I have finished the important ones, though, so I guess that's ok. It seems someone has been reading their Nook Color instead.
   I'm making butter today and the usual wash clothes. I do have a truely bad movie to watch from Netflix. Plan 9 From Outer Space. For dinner, it's homemade chicken pot pie.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment