Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another Kitchen Experiment

   With nothing better to do today, (well, really, I could have done a lot of other things), I tried making home made Wheat Thins. I love Wheat Thins. I can eat a whole box in no time flat.
   What I really made was Wheat Thins and Thicks, due to uneven rolling. The thins tasted pretty much just like store bought Wheat Thins. The thicker ones tasted alright, but softer. I have weak wrists and rolling uncooperative dough made them both hurt. Even though I have a very nice rolling pin, I think I "need" one of those marble kinds without the handles. I never use the handles on the rolling pin I have now. Also, I think I could use some of those thickness guides that fit on the ends of rolling pins. I'm pretty bad at getting an even thickness.
   I will try to make Wheat Thins again. Since I already had the ingredients for them at home, they were much, much cheaper than buying a box. Our son, Daniel, wanted to know if I had a yellow box to put them in. I told him no, but I do have a Wheat Thin tin.
   Sometime in the near future, I am going to try making graham crackers. I'll need to find some place that sells graham flour. I don't think it will be too hard to find.
   At least the majority of my kitchen experiments are edible. I will continue to experiment as the mood strikes. Now, I need to fing a recipe for Nilla Wafers.

No comments:

Post a Comment