Monday, November 29, 2010

Poor Snowy Trees


   We've had 18 inches of snow so far, and are supposed to get another 7, or so, during the next couple of days. The snow is higher than Chip is tall, even though it has packed down and melted to 16 inches.
   The trees are very heavy with snow. I think they look sad, all droopy. Every once in a while, you see the snow slip from a branch and the snow fly off.
   It's happened. I knew it would. Tim is tired of clearing the 450 feet long driveway. He does say, though, if he didn't have to keep clearing, he wouldn't mind the snow. With the snow blower, he gets covered in snow flying out the thrower part.
   I'm not allowed out, but I did have my outing to Walmart yesterday to buy a few groceries and the all important dog food. Walmart wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but maybe that's because we waited until Sunday to go.
It was afternoon when this dark picture was taken.
   Next week I leave for my trip to sunny CA. I checked the temperatures for Riverside, and they will be in the 60's and 70's with lows in the 40's. I should check Kingman AZ, too, since I will be going there for a day.
   I'm not really looking forward to all the security at the airport, but I am curious to see if all the metal in my leg will set anything off. There is also my biggest fear in life, getting lost. Since I will be bringing, and using, my cane, Amy said I needed assistance, so they should see I don't get lost. I have a little more than an hour layover in Seattle to people watch. Now, if only Michaela cooperates.
   I wonder how much snow we will have when I get back? Since I just look at all the pretty snow from out large picture windows, I don't mind it. I've got a great view from my rocking chair, as I sit here and crochet, watch TV and generally waste time on the computer. I also have a great view from where my spinning wheels are in front of another large picture window an the other side of the house. Chip also thinks its a good view, since he spends a lot of time sitting on my spinning chair, looking at the world. 



5 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip, and at the airport! I think those full body scanners are a way for the government to save money on health care. When you go to the airport, you can get checked for bombs and a cat scan. Then, if they have to pat you down, they can check for lumps, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only the scanners worked that way, it would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook wall with your own comments or recommend it to any of your PSN friends. PSN recommendations appear as a message to your selected friends with your own message and a link for them to record or watch the show automatically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping Michaela cooperates as well. I would help Tim if I were there.

    ReplyDelete