Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Here A Moose, There A Moose, Everywhere A Moose Moose

 Yesterday, we all went for a drive. Up by Cataldo, ID, we came across some moose enjoying the sun and the north fork of the Coeur d'Alene River.
 This moose was getting a little annoyed with everyone stopping and bothering his swim. He is just a young moose, you can see his antlers just starting to grow.
He had enough, so he left.

This moose was just munching along on plants. They go in the water to escape the bugs, too.

He was just didn't want to hold still for his photo op.

If we didn't know he was there, he would have been very happy. We weren't really that close to the moose, because they aren't the friendliest of critters. The zoom on my camera worked well.
 We had a visiting bee a couple of weekends ago. I was able to get pretty close to it without it flying away, but I also used zoom. I was surprised that you can see his/her hairy legs and the details on the wings. The Pear blossoms it was on are pretty, too.
 I also made a couple of pin cushions using 4 oz. canning jars. I made this one for me. I haven't decided if I'll make any more. They weren't hard to make.
Amy thought it was nice I had pins that went well with the fabric, which wasn't intentional.

I have 2 quilt tops finished and need to get busy on the other three. Christmas is not that far away since I decided to make the quilts. If I hadn't decided to make them, Christmas would be much later. I know, it's the same amount of time, but the projects make it seem closer. I have only made 1 shirt and 1 pair of shorts. I need to get busy and work on more, but since the weather is now 70 if we're lucky, it's ok. It was warmer for a couple of days not too long ago, just teasing us for what might come.
I ordered a Native American flute Monday. It should be here Friday, according to the FedEx tracking number. I'm looking forward to learning how to play it. I'm sure it will drive the dogs, and some people, crazy. I'll let you know how the playing goes.
The garden isn't completely planted yet, thanks to the rain. Who knows where our carrot seeds went. The deer ate my spaghetti squash. They must really like the plants, because every time I plant it, they eat it. We have the rest of the 6 foot posts now, so the garden can be fenced in.
The chickens haven't started laying yet, but since I really don't know how old they are suppose to be when they start, I guess I'll just be surprised. The places I have looked on the internet say about 15 weeks for the Golden Comets and they are about that old. I read the White Crested Black Polish chickens don't start laying until they are 7-9 months old. They are about the same age as the Golden girls. It doesn't really matter about Phyllis' egg laying since I just bought her and Albert because they were weird.
Other that all the above excitement, life is still pretty darned dull.


2 comments:

  1. I like the pin cushion! Too bad I'm horrible at sewing, haha. Our garden is doing pretty good, nothing eating it yet, lol. We just need rain really bad for the garden and the crops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need the rain to stop so we can plant.I guess too much rain is better than not enough rain. I am half thinking about making the pin cushins and selling them. Ants ate our only strawberry.

    ReplyDelete