Friday, July 8, 2011

Those Darned Robins

   Tim is having robin trouble. A while back, a robin built a nest on top of his ladder that's leaning under the eaves of the shed. Those eggs hatched and flew the coop and Tim got rid of the empty nest. A week or two ago, the same robin, or another one, built another nest on top of the same ladder and laid eggs in it. Now, whenever Tim goes to the shed, this robin dives at his head.
   On Tuesday, Tim planted our fruit trees. A couple of the cherry trees had cherries on them. As soon as he stood up from planting the last cherry tree, this robin gets in the tree, thrashes around, knocking cherries off the tree, having a high old time. Tim thinks he hates robins now.
   Summer has stuck around for a week or so now, so things are starting to grow, at last. I will add, that we had 2 days of 95 degree temperatures, and it was waaaay too hot. Some people are just never satisfied. It's too hot, it's too cold, it's too wet, it's too cloudy, whine, whine whine.
   Michaela is starting to crawl, in between the belly flops. She really likes my old measuring spoons and a wooden spatula.
   I haven't even started sewing yet. I guess if summer really decides to stick around, I should get a jump on it. I have been reading books that I am reviewing for thewmreviewconnection.com. One down, 3 more to go. It keeps me out of trouble.
   My estate sale find of the day is a brand new, still in the box, indoor TV antenna for my kitchen TV. It was one of those things I was going to buy one of these days when I had the money. This one cost me $2.00. People just shake their heads about how I find just what I'm looking for at sales. I thinks it's funny, not haha funny exactly, more like weird. We also stopped at a church yard sale and I bought 2 more cookbooks, because you can never have too many, and a little ceramic fresh cream bottle that looks like it needs daisies in it. I could use some more money, but I really think the chances of finding any at a yard sale are slim. I'll keep my eye out for some, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment