Thursday, December 9, 2010

I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane

   Tomorrow, I leave on my trip. My very first trip, all by myself. I have packed and repacked and repacked again. I decided it was too much work to walk with a cane and carry a duffel bag, so I decided to check a  bag instead, and since I'm going to check the bag, I'm using a bigger one and I can fit all of Michaela's baby stuff in it and things for Alyssa, too, when I go to Arizona. The polar teddy bear is going in my carry on backpack along with a book, mp3 player, and other things to keep me occupied. I'll probably be seated by someone who wants to talk, which would be ok.
   Even though my flight is supposed to leave at 11:30AM, I have to get up at 5:30AM to get ready and for the drive in the snow and ice and slush to the airport.
   I have the dogs' things ready to go, since they are going to my mother-in-laws house while I'm gone. It wouldn't be fair to keep them in the house all day while Tim is at work.
   Reading the weather forecast for sunny So. CA, I will be hot. The temperatures are suppose to be anywhere from the low 70's to the low 80's. I am leaving a place with snow, rain, ice and freezing temperatures. I'm bringing sandals. I'd bring shorts, but I wouldn't want to scare all those tanned Californians by my Washington white legs.
   I'll let you know how everything goes when I get back. I can do this. I'm a big kid now.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun! Make sure they don't get fresh with you while giving you a pat down at the airport! haha

    ReplyDelete