Friday, May 6, 2011

This Is The Weekend

   This is Mother's Day weekend, and do you know what that means? It's time to plant the garden. Of course, it's suppose to rain. Temperatures are getting warmer during the day and above freezing at night, so the planting just might get done soon.
   We had planned on making the garden about twice the size it was last year, but now we are going to make it much larger since we will have more mouths to feed.
   Our daughter Amy, future son-in-law Daniel and baby granddaughter Michaela are moving up here and staying with us for a while. I'm sure, even though warmer temperatures will be here soon, Amy will freeze. I need to shovel out the future guest room now junk room so they can have a room to sleep in and hide out in. I knew I had to get that room done sometime, now, I just have a reason to get it done and stop putting it off.
   Last weekend I put out one hummingbird feeder and a tiny hummingbird is coming by. The hummingbirds seem to be much smaller this year, and I thought they were smaller last year.
   I still haven't seen any fawns yet. It could be too early yet. We'll have a nice garden for them to munch on when they are older if the 6 1/2' tall deer fence doesn't stop them.
   Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I hope you have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment