Friday, May 29, 2009

Snail mail vs E-mail

A long time ago, I received a post card that says "There's nothing sadder than an empty mailbox". I agree with that. Except for junk mail and bills, I don't get letters in the mail very often anymore. I'm also guilty of not sending letters often anymore. I have a friend who refuses to get a computer, so I write to her and she writes to me. E-mail is nice because you usually get it right away and you can reply as soon as you read it. I'm really bad about sending letters by snail mail because I seem to run out of stamps, so the letter just sits there. When I do write a letter, I,more often than not, call the person up and tell them I wrote them a letter and tell them what's in it so it's not a surprise. Our driveway is 450-500 feet long with the mail box at the end of it. I always walk down there looking forward to getting mail. Any mail, but a letter would be nice. Today I walked to the mail box and there was nothing in it. Not even the usual junk mail or catalogs. How sad. Oh, well. At least I got some exercise.

1 comment:

  1. dont feel bad, all we get is bills and mail that isnt ours.

    ReplyDelete