Thursday, October 25, 2012

Just Great!! We Have Mice

   When Tim was rototilling the garden in, he noticed he went over a few mouse nests. Wouldn't you know it, they have moved into the house. We haven't found where they have come in, just the signs of them.
   The first place they were noticed were in Tim's spare room. Next it was the drawer under the oven where I keep my cookie sheets. Then it was the pantry and in the bathroom cabinet, under the sinks in our bathroom. Today, it was under the cabinet under the kitchen sink where we keep the trash can.
   Tim put sticky mouse traps where the mice signs were, but no mice on the traps. Maybe we need to put some peanut butter in the middle of them. He did notice last night that there were little foot prints in a trap and it was a few feet away from where he put it. I think they are little field mice instead of your usual house mouse. More traps will be put out.
   The pantry was taken apart and everything taken out of boxes. It's a good thing I like glass jars and collect decorative cans. When we lived in California, we had a mouse that ate a chunk of the concrete floor in the pantry trying to make a hole.
   We don't want to put poison out because of Michaela and pets. I can't convince Tim we need a cat. I have been trying to repel the little critters with peppermint oil in containers where the mice have been. I read that peppermint oil and lavender are suppose to repel mice. I have some lavender potpourri I'll put under our sink.
   I know most people get mice in the house at one time or another, but I'd be really happy if they skipped us. Since we live in the country and have been here for 4 years, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I really wish it hadn't.
  

1 comment:

  1. Easy on the mouse traps! Considering you have kids and pets, too many traps might also be dangerous to them. I hope you called an exterminator to help you get rid of them instead. Mice caught in traps are harder to clean up if you’re not a professional. Besides, you might miss some; they could stink up the place!

    ReplyDelete