Sunday, July 8, 2012

OK, It's Hot

   OK, it's hot now, can we go back to the way it was minus the endless rain? Yes, I know, there is just no pleasing some people. The garden now needs watered. It gets so dry so fast up here.
   I've been busy sewing lately, making those summer clothes I should have made before I actually needed them. The cargo shorts I've made look as good as any you can buy in a store. I have made 4 quilt tops, 3 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of carpi's and 1 shirt. I need to make at least one more quilt top and more shirts. I have decided that the clothes I am sewing are much cheaper than if I were to buy already made clothes.
   Albert is crowing more like a rooster should, and Michaela has to stop everything and throw her head back and crow when Albert crows. One of the chickens has started to lay eggs and the 3rd egg she laid was a double yolked egg. They are gradually getting bigger, too.
   On Wed., I am leaving on a jet plane and going to visit my parents in Pahrump, NV. The closet airport is in Las Vegas. I'm looking forward to going. It would be nice if Tim was able to go too, but it's not possible. I'll be gone a week. It's suppose to be 110 in Pahrump this Wed.
   I got on the computer this morning to get the recipe for radish pickles, but I haven't managed to get that far yet. Tim's radishes need something done with them, so I thought quick refrigerator pickles sounded interesting, and I won't have to heat up the house canning them. Too bad I don't like radishes or pickles.
   Our sparkly new riding lawn mower has a flat. There is a piece of wire in the sidewall. Of course, the tire probably can't be repaired and will need to be replaced. There is so much buried barbed wire here. You think you have it all, and find you don't. The wire could have come from the fence behind us or beside us, since barbed wire fences are the norm up here.
   I guess I'll go find that recipe before I get sidetracked some more. I'll let you know how the pickled radishes turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment